Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Way to Go Dani Girl!!!



Well... the bribe we made her when she was little has paid off. We told all our kids if they graduate with a 4.0 and don't get into any trouble we would buy them a car. We did this hoping we wouldn't have to be paying for college. Well, we bought the car in December and have just been praying for the scholarships to come. Well, she got word today that she has recieved a full tuition scholarship to NKU. This is where she has been planning on going. We are thrilled. Her money she automatically gets from the state for having all A's and a high ACT will pay for her room all four years. Now we just have her books and meals to pay for. She is working on several other scholarships and we will keep hoping on those and we may get off pretty light here. We are thrilled. LIfe is good!!!
(Too bad she is under the weather with a fever and nausea .... she is having a hard time getting excited ... and she has been checking the mail everyday for this!!)
Oh ... and I lost 2.4 more pounds today. I have lost a total of 21 pounds. So far I am still the biggerst loser. I have 2 more weeks to go to collect the money!! Keep your fingers crossed, I want to go shopping!!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:53 AM

    Congratulations Dani!!! That is just wonderful. Your hard work is really paying off. Congrats to Mom and Dad also for being such great parents. I hope you get feeling better soon:) Love to all,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Dani!!!! It is a very exciting time. Not many people have achieved what you have you should be very proud of yourself. I know I'm very proud of you. Love Uncle Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo!! Great things for you Dani! Congrats to you! And to mom and dad, too!! Realization of just how great this is will come a few years down the road!! Then the true appreciation of the scholarship will sink in. Dani, you can do whatever you set your mind to!! Go for it!! luv ya, paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the biggest loser, too!! I have not much willpower!!paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the biggest loser, too!! I have not much willpower!!paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the biggest loser, too!! I have not much willpower!!paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:40 AM

    Dani will be in my neck of the woods next year!!! That is so exciting!!!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know Jessica. I love that I will know you are close, just in case!

    ReplyDelete