Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Letter From Granny

I know, it is a title that makes you wonder. But, it is true. In cleaning my desk, I came across a letter I received from Granny in 1991. Alex was only 8 months old. I have read it throughout the years and often thought I should share it with others. Some of you may have never rec'd a letter from Granny since you lived near her, but I just want you to know, Granny's letters were always something to look forward to. Even as a little girl, I remember loving a Granny letter to arrive in the mail. She just said what she was thinking at the time, jumping from one subject to the next. I love looking at her handwriting, it brings back so many memories!!

(In this letter, she signs it "Stella", which I find kind of funny also. I don't think this is her memory going, I just think that one was a slip. I can promise you I never called her Stella.)


So, even though this letter is written to John and me, I hope it makes you smile. If you click on the picture, it will make it bigger and you can read it.


I love you Granny!!


3 comments:

  1. Lorie, this is so sweet!! I can remember when my grandmother wrote my mom/our family letters and she only lived about 45 minutes from us. But it was unheard of to call long distance and talk as it was way too expensive. If us kids answered and found out the call was from someone long distance, we immediately started running to find my mom or dad. And then the conversation was short and to the point, unlike today when we talk for long periods of time to anyone that we choose. It is funny to think back about how things were when we were kids....love, paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:59 PM

    Thank you so much for posting this letter. You are right as far as receiving letters since we lived so close. In reading, I could hear Granny saying what she had wrote. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It felt good visiting with her. Love ya,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Lorie! I don't know how many times I have come back here and looked at this letter. It brings back so many wonderful thoughts and memories. Thank you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete