Saturday, February 09, 2008



After reading Ashley's blog about "Bunny" I had to put these pics up from this summer. I think Ashley put a scrapbook page she had made about bunny on her blog at one time, but I felt bunny must be showcased. He is that important. (Kind of like Patrick's fish blanket.)






Her blog did not share our end of it. We were just heading out to the basketball game to see Alex. John was there ahead of us and Dani and I were kind of waiting until closer to halftime. Well, when Ashley called we said yeah, we'll drop him off before we go up to the game. On our way to Ashley's house, the phone rang and John said the second quarter had already started. He asked why I was going to Ashley's first, since there wasn't much time, I told him about Bunny and he immediately understood the gravity of the missing Bunny at bedtime. We were in a mad dash to drop Bunny off and still make it to the game in time. We pulled in to the driveway, Dani made the pass of Bunny to Brian at the door and ran back to the car. We then rushed back to the school. In the meantime Alex calls us asking if we were there yet. Dani, in her wisdom suggested we park in the second parking lot and run from there. I, imn my wisdom, had to try and get a closer spot, but alas there were none and we had to go back to the lot Dani suggested in the first place. Of course, as we were running (me - gasping and running), I got to hear "I told you so!" Well, we did make it in time and I got to take pictures, but it was quite a little adventure. I just thought I would share the WHOLE Bunny experience. Now, you know the REST of the story!! (Anyone know what THAT is from?)

6 comments:

  1. Paul Harvey, man I'm on a role.

    Love these pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:55 PM

    I am sure all involved were extremly grateful. I remember you totally saving the day when we left the "fish blanket" in a Cracker Barrel somewhere on I-65 (and I had no idea which exit). You worked fast and and within 10 minutes my nerves were calmed. It didn't happen so fast when we left it in a hotel in Orlando. About 30 minutes out Pat asked Tanky where his blankie was (I never ask a question like that unless I already know the answer...men are such amateurs)We pulled over. I called the hotel, they sent someone to check the room and she said it was not there. We searched the luggage even though I knew it was in the bed under the covers. We turned the car around. I still had my key so I went in the hotel room and found the blanket. I also noticed that the tip we had left for the maid was gone, but the room was not clean yet. Humm? So I returned to the caw w/ blankie and called the hotel again, spoke to the same person as before and asked if the person who had searched the room would be the same person who would clean it later. She said it was not the same person. So I busted this person for stealing the maids money!!! The thief should have looked harder for the blanket so I wouldn't have had to do it and they would have the money and their job today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:14 PM

    And on a sad note: A few weeks ago Patrick asked me if the "fish blanket" was really fish or was it pineapple like Kelly was trying to tell him. I told him it was up for interpretation and it could be either (like a Monet).
    To me, it felt like he had just learned about Santa. I was sad (and Dad was a little sad too). He's coming of age. Boo hoo. The realities of adulthood.
    Thank God it has passed and he hasn't corrected me when I have called them fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to see a picture of this blanket. How do you get fish from pineapple? I am confused!

    And once again, I was too late to enter my answer....GRRR. Ashley, do you have a buzzer that goes off each time one of us posts!?!? haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That makes me really sad that he aked that too. I understand exactly where you are coming from.

    And, what a story about the lost blanket. I thought you losing it on the way up here was enough of a story. Good job on turning around and getting it and serves the idiot right who didn't want to take the time to look for a special blanket for a child. I bet he was shocked he was caught!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:49 PM

    Do you think it could of been the person who answered the phone?
    m

    ReplyDelete