Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dani is all moved in!! Edited with pictures






John, Dani and I left the house at 7:30 yesterday morning to get Dani all moved in.

We unloaded in record time, but then the fun really began. She is in an apartment on campus that has 2 bedrooms, a bath and a combined living room/kitchen/dining room.

Of course, John happened to be the only Dad that was able to come, so he did all the big grunt work of moving beds and furniture around for the best fit for each girl. I wish I could have helped design these rooms, actually I think a 3 year old could have done a better job in some cases. It is very hard making it a good arrangement unless the girls want to bunk, which they do not.

After the furniture had been arranged, John put together the futon we had gotten for Dani at Walmart. While he was doing this, Dani, the girls and I were trying to unpack and arrange all their things. We then made a trip to lunch and Walmart for cable and internet supplies. John was able to spit the cable so all rooms have cable. Originally, it was only set up for the living room. He did an awesome job of making the cable go under the wall sideboard and above doors. We had peeked into a boys room and the cable was pulled down the hall, across doorways and held to the carpet with duct tape. I think the girls like John's way better. I was able to get Dani's printer and internet set up.

We also went to the bookstore and got Dani her books we had ordered. I must say, I am glad Dani has a scholarship, because even with me having to just pay the meal plan, books, and the extra for the apartment as opposed to a dorm, it is not cheap. Thank you Dani. Keep up the good work!!

Their little apartment looks so cute. I will post pictures once Dani sends me some. I was originally going to take pictures of all the roomies, but because of all the staggering arrivals and all the stuff that needed to be done, I didn't even whip my camera out once.

Hope the shower in Indiana went well. I am so sorry we missed it. We actually mentioned it during our busy day. You were thought of!! We love you!!

Oh, Alex stayed home because she had her first cross country meet of the year and CJ just stayed home because he didn't think it sounded like we would be doing anything fun. Today is a soccer game. And so the craziness continues......

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:04 AM

    So glad Dani got moved in. Thank goodness for those Daddy's that bring the muscles and "fix it" knowledge. We thought about you too. The shower went wonderful. It was a brunch, very relaxed and kind of laid back...no games, just door prizes, very Sarah:) Good luck Dani with school, Alex with school and cross country and CJ with school and soccer. WOW! Memories of those days are coming back!!! Suddenly,I am tired ..have to rest.. Love you all,Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it would be the perfect kind of shower. Sarah deserves it.
    I need to put the wedding on my calendar. I know it is in October. What day again? I need to pray for no games or meets of any kind!!

    ReplyDelete