Thursday, August 02, 2007

Obstacle Course







The guys did great. They did the Land O in 3 min. 27 sec. Nobody fell and they finished very clean. John had to start after the others. He then passed them and got down in the pit. He threw the other two out of the pit, then pulled himself out and continued on the run. That is why in some of the pictures you see him behind the others, then ahead, then back behind again. I forgot he was doing that and thought for a second, "oh my God, what happened, then I saw them being flung up, and here comes my muscley man!!!










The Swim O also went very well. They did great. They are making a bit of a scene having a Navy Captain and a General on the team. They are used to younger guys doing this. They are getting quite bit of attention.










Tonight we had a "Latvian Night" and we went in town to a fancy place off base. They pulled out all the stops. There was dancing, drinks, tons of food. It was a huge deal!!! The Latvian's are very excited to have all these countries here. Our athletes had one drink, lots of food, then we left early. But it was very impressive. Tomorrow night will be wild, there is a BBQ and the guys will be finished competing, so all bets are off. They can eat and drink to their hearts content. We found out the Orienteer Run will be 15K long and that is if it was run straight through. I am not sure how long it will take while navigating with the compass and stopping at all the check points and doing whatever else they have them do on the run. It will be interesting. I am having a hard time on this blog. It is not uploading the pics very easy. I will post this, then see if I can get any pics uploaded. The others will be uploaded to the smugmug site tonight.

Love to all!!! Lorie










2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:38 PM

    I am so proud of my Daddy!!! Thats is about all I have to say...except I love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:39 PM

    oh yeah!! Daddy....you are soooo cute!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete