Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Man in Demand

Last week it was such slow torture adding the pic from the competition that I had to pick and choose carefully. Here is one I wanted to add, but didn't. As we were all leaving the Opening Ceremonies, some Latvian girls ran up to John and asked if they could get a picture with him. I thought it was pretty funny as there were hundreds of other men there in uniform. Few were in the gorgeous white uniform he was in and though most were younger than him, few were as handsome!!













On another note, I want to say this is Dani's last week home. We have to take all her things and get her moved into her school apartment on Saturday. We were all disappointed that this meant we could not make Sara L.'s wedding shower. Dani is the one who opened the invitation and I do believe I heard a 4 letter word come out of her mouth. We would postpone it to the next day, but Dani has to help the Freshmen class move in. She had agreed to do this earlier in the year and that is why she has to move in the day before. So, I am sure all will have a grand time, but not nearly as grand if the Weires girls could make it. ha

The new school year has begun. My other two start school on Wed. Alex will be a senior and CJ an 8th grader. Jessica Young left for school on Friday evening. Sara said the phone call about Kendall took her mind off her "baby" leaving for school. She is actually going a few days early to Rush and Sara and Jeff have to go take most of her big things to her later this week. Mitch and I believe Morgan will be in 10th grade. I am trying to remember everybody's kids ages, let us see how many mistakes I make. Nash will also be a senior. Kenzie and Tara will be in 9th grade. Will Allie be in 7th grade. No, that can't be right? Larken is either going to start kindergarten or is going to first grade, which is it? Patrick IS starting kindergarten. And Kelly gets to stay at home and help Kristy, I believe for two more years. Kristy says she gets lots of parenting advise from her 3 year old.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:34 PM

    Lorie,

    I just love checking your blog...I usually check in every day or two on you, Ashley, and PW. It makes me feel connected to you! I miss you guys and hope we can all see you soon. Tell the kids good luck with school! I love you all!!

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love knowing that you guys look and keep up with us. I sure wish some of your clan would start a blog.
    hint hint.....

    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Lorie, Morgan will be in 10th grade. And I have to agree with the Latvian girls regarding your handsome husband. The white uniform was just an added plus... :) Doesn't it seem like summer just started and here school is about to get going again? You guys have a great school year!! love, paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture with the babies makes me laugh. I feel like I am playing Where's Waldo?

    paula

    ReplyDelete