Monday, January 07, 2008

My day

Okay, even Mom is chastising me. I need to do another entry. My kids don't do all the cute things the little ones do, so I don't have fun quotes and pics to add daily.

I am going to the eye doctor today for a check on my contacts. I had saved my medical spending money from work to have eye surgery to find out for the first time in my life, my eyesight had improved since last year. Not a ton, but enough that they won't let me have surgery until there is no change. Good grief. So now, I am back to contacts. Dang. And trying to find all the receipts for my copays and medications, etc., so that I can get reimbursed from my medical account. I get that money since I turn down insurance, but it can only be spent toward medical things. I would rather just get the money, wouldn't you?

I also have the "other" kind of doctor appointment today. Yuck. No fun. But I did take the whole day off and am going to the gym first thing with Ashley, then appntmnt., then play , then back to my appntmt. (Alex is meeting me, as she has her apptmnt too, you know family affair.) I am going to go wake Dani up to see if she can make herself get up and go with us to the gym. I hope so. Fortunately, she has turned into the not so typical teen and goes to bed at reasonable hours and wakes up by 9AM usually.

Well, I will try to think of more exciting things to write. Have a great day everyone!!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:10 AM

    ok, good post, now we know what is happening in your life, if I had known that a comment from me would do the trick and have you posting again, I would of said something sooner and you know how much I hate to comment.
    Love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Lorie! We love hearing anything you have to say...pictures or no pictures. ;o)
    I really would like to have eye surgery, too, and my vision also has starting improving a bit the last couple visits. It's still terrible...blind as a bat...but still enough of a change I was recommended that I should probably putt off the surgery. Frustrating, isn't it?
    Love you all!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Lesley ... it stinks, I agree. And I am still blind as a bat too, doesn't really make any difference, other than I stop using the contacts I have already paid for and go to another one.

    Mom, I love you posting on my blog. If I thought you would do it more, I might even post more. I love you!!

    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Millie. You do whatever it takes to keep her in line......

    I also am blind as a bat. But unlike you gals, I don't think mine is getting any better. But can't afford the surgery either. You think we could all go together and get a cheaper group rate??

    luv you all, paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of eye surgery...did that. That was four years ago and now I am right back into glasses. I finally gave in and admitted that my eyes had reverted back. I could have them touched up, however since I did not buy the package that would allow me to have touch ups done, I would have to pay for another surgery. No thank you! Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I did it and if nothing else, at least it allowed me to get through the boys' infant/toddler stage with out having to wear them. (you know how they like to swipe those suckers right off your face!) Anyway, hopefully they have improved the process enough that you don't have to have touch ups as soon. I know a number of people who have had it though and have not had to have ANY touch ups. Just be very picky when choosing a doctor. Okay, that is all I have to say about that!

    ReplyDelete